Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Why Ruffled?

I'll try to keep this short and sweet. Why "ruffled?" To start a blog, you must choose a name. A daunting task when you're not sure what direction your blog might take.

Turning twenty-nine was my motivation to start writing, but I didn't want to be limited to one year with a "29" title. I hope to continue writing beyond this first year; although at barely one week in I shouldn't make too many promises.

I wanted to convey how I feel about life lately. Pulled in many directions, and unsure about which steps to take next. I came across "ruffled" while perusing synonyms for "unsettled" and it just fit. I feel ruffled more days than not. Confused, flustered, maybe a little bit crazy.

It's not all serious though. Ruffle is a sweet word. It's fun to say and fun to write. I love ruffles. Ruffles are feminine, romantic, and playful. I wouldn’t mind being described in the same way.

Kerfuffle is a fun word too. Kerfuffle: noun - a disorderly outburst or tumult. I hope to avoid any kerfuffles on my ruffled journey.

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment