Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Mark the calendar.

I cried at work yesterday. In front of my boss. Because of my boss.

Embarrassing.

I'm struggling with how to handle the situation. I believe there is very poor communication and that my supervisor can be hostile at times. Often we get along very well, she is complimentary of my work and I learn from her. But there are times (unpredictably so) when I get berated, treated like a child, talked to in hostile and condescending ways. I dread going to work and I've been in this position for less than four months.

I could confront my boss. I could go up a level and talk to my boss's boss. I could talk to HR. I don't have a lot of confidence in any of these options. A lateral move would be great, but there aren't any openings at the moment.

I woke up this morning with a sore jaw (likely from grinding my teeth all night due to stress), so I will take that as a sign I should do something.

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment